Throughout the 2019/2020 Year
*** Classes begin the week of Sept. 3, 2019 All Monday classes will start Sept. 9th.***
PLEASE READ AND KEEP THIS AS A REFERENCE THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
There will be an announcement board to the left as you walk into the lobby. Please check this weekly for any announcements that may be pertinent to your child. It is your responsibility to be informed of all materials placed on the board. Parents who read the board weekly as well as the handouts are aware of important information that is pertinent to their child’s class.
Lakeside Dance Website: conneautlakedance.com Please reference our website for class closings due to weather, registration, the studio calendar, etc.
“Like” us on facebook and “Follow” us on Instagram 🙂 for important updates!
October – trick-or-treat Oct. 24th no classes
November -Nov. 27-Dec.1st Thanksgiving break
December – 20th January 1st Christmas break
January – 20th Martin Luther King Day
February – 17th President’s Day
April– 9th – 13th Easter break
May – 4th – 7th Last week of classes (There are no classes the week of the recital.)
Contacting the Studio Via Facebook
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. However, out of respect to our teachers and their personal/family time, please do not message them personally over facebook. If you have any questions, please either call the studio, email us, ask your teacher before class (time permitting), ask our secretary during payment weeks, reference the “Important Things to Remember” paperwork and notes handed out throughout the year, read the marker board and signs on the front door, or message the “Lakeside Dance” facebook page. Many questions can be answered easily if you are reading the marker board weekly and all handouts.
I also am allowing teachers two sick days per class per year. My hope is that we won’t have to use these.
The studio’s mailing address is:
227 Grandview Ave.
Meadville, PA 16335
Lakeside Dance, LLC. is located on Charlotte Ave. in Conneaut Lake, PA. However, there is not a mailbox and mail will not be delivered to this address.
Please use my home address as the studio mailing address.
Kelly Lobdell • 227 Grandview Ave. • Meadville, PA 16335
Any questions, please call the studio 814-382-0206 and leave a message. I check all messages at 12:00 and will return your call as soon as I can. I again check the messages when I arrive at the studio for the day, but don’t always have a chance to return calls before classes start for the day.
If your child arrives to class 15 minutes late, he/she will have to observe class that day. Because of their tardiness they will miss warm-ups and it would be risking injury for them to join class after missing the proper warm-up.
Watching class is beneficial also. By observing, the child may be able to see mistakes in other students that they may be struggling with themselves. They will be able to see the mistake and the correction given. Therefore, they will be able to place that correction on themselves, thus benefiting from their observation.
Please check this website or Facebook for weather cancellations.
I will make the determination as to whether classes will be cancelled by 2 pm. If you do not have access to the internet, please notify us of that so we can call you with any weather cancellations.
- Please check the studio calendar to see the payment days.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- October’s payment (paid in September) is due no later than September 10th 2018, due to the fact that we do not begin classes until the 5th.
- All other months, October – May, payments are due the 1st of every month with a grace period until the 5th of the month.
- Please note we make payments a month ahead of time. September’s payment was due upon registration. October’s payment is due September 1 st, November’s payment is due October 1st and so on. This is so payments are done by April 1st and you may take your child’s costume home in time for alterations. I hold the costumes until the year is paid in full. With the pay a month ahead policy, it gives you time for alterations.
- If payment is not received by the 5th, a $10 late fee will be charged. Once late fees are sent out there are no exceptions.
- If your child is sick, you are still required to have your payment paid by the 5th of the month.
- If paying in cash, please have correct change with you. We do not bring money to make change. If you come with the incorrect change and decide not to pay that day, payment is still due on the 1st of the month. If not paid by the 5th, there will be a late fee issued.
- If I receive your payment in the mail after the 5th, it is late. This includes bank-automated checks.
- I cannot hold checks. If it cannot be cashed upon receipt, it is considered Late.
- If we don’t have class on the 5th of the month, payment is still due by the 5th.
- Your child will have to sit out during class until your payment and late fees are paid. Please pay on time so that your child does not have to face the consequences because the payment is not paid. It is not fair to them.
***Please mark the 1st of each month on your calendar so that you do not have to receive a late fee. I do not like to hand them out, but I am forced to if the policies are not followed.
- Also, please note, if you know ahead of time you will not be in class to pay by the 1st of the month, it is still your obligation to pay on time.
- You are welcome to mail payments. My address is 227 Grandview Ave. Meadville, PA 16335
Please do not send payments to the studio address as I do not accept mail there.
- Late fees will be sent out on the 6th. Once they are sent out there are no exceptions.
- Payments are the same each month regardless of the number of classes in each month. The monthly fee is actually a yearly fee divided by 9 months. Yes, I do studio work in the summer. Your payment includes my choreography time outside of class, bookwork for each class, snowplowing, cleaning, etc. It includes the tremendous amount of time I put into picking out your student’s costume, then choosing their size and ordering the costume. It includes the cost of building props for the review, and the time setting up a space for a review. This is just a few of the behind the scenes work that is done for your child.
Diann Frampton or a designated secretary will come the first week of each month to accept payments. This is so the teacher does not have to take valuable class time to accept and record payments.
Please make checks payable to: Lakeside Dance.
Due to holidays, some payment weeks may be extended. Below are the following payment weeks.
- September -(September 3rd – 9th) Octobers tuition is due
- October -(Sept. 30th -Oct. 3rd) November’s tuition is due
- November -(Oct. 30th-Nov. 5th ) December’s tuition is due
- December -(Dec 2nd-Dec. 5th) January’s tuition is due
- January -(Jan. 2nd-Jan. 8th) February’s tuition is due
- February -(Jan. 30th-Feb. 5th) Marcn’s tuition is due
- March -(March 2nd-March 5th) April’s tuition is due
- April-(March 30th – April 2nd) May’s tuition is due
I have installed a payment box on your left as you walk into the studio. A designated secretary will be at the studio to accept payments on the five dance days prior to the 5th of each month. However, if you have any late payments, sweatshirt orders, tights orders, recital t-shirt orders. etc. that you would like to hand in, please place them in the payment box. Please put your payment in an envelope, which includes your child’s name and the amount of the payment sealed inside and what the payment is for.
- Stage Rehearsal – May 14th Thursday Possibility of an additional stage rehearsal May 13th depending on enrollment
- Dress Rehearsal – May 15th Friday
- Saturday Recital – May 16th Saturday
- Sunday Recital – May 17th Sunday
Recital Commitment Form, Photo Release, and Liability Waiver
Upon registration you signed a recital contract. In the past we have had several students miss up to 5 classes in a row, only to return and be extremely behind in the dance. We cannot waste valuable class time reteaching this material to the absent child. It is not fair to the other students that have committed to the class. Therefore, the student is often unprepared for the recital and does not look their best. In order to teach commitment and dedication as well as team effort and responsibility, from January until the recital, students may miss no more than 4 classes. Those that miss more than four will still be able to participate in class. However, they will not be able to participate in the recital regardless if a costume has been purchased. Absences include illness, school functions, family events, etc. Regardless of the reason for absence, students are only permitted four.
For many years we have had students quit midway through the year, some as late as weeks before the recital. We begin learning choreography for the recital in October. If a child quits, the rest of the class suffers. They have to get used to a new spot in the dance and often have to learn different choreography, scrapping what they have previously spent weeks or even months perfecting. The committed child is left frustrated and often doesn’t look their best come recital time, all at no fault of their own. In an effort to promote teamwork and commitment (life lessons our students will carry on into adulthood) and to provide the best possible class for those students who are truly committed, we have enacted a $40 drop fee for all students who decide to drop a class from November until the recital. If your child does not wish to participate in the recital, please mark so on the recital commitment form done via your online registration or handout. We can easily put them in a spot where they may enjoy participating in the dance in class but will not affect the other dancers come recital time.
Parents of Young Children
I am not responsible for your child until he/she enters the classroom. Please stay with your child and supervise them until he/she enters class and be there upon the closing of class to pick up your child. Please wait for your child in the lobby as to not distract them from their lesson. Also, please make sure your child has had their bathroom break before class so that we do not have to waste valuable class time for such necessities.
An optional $20 costume deposit will be due in October with November’s class fees. This means a $20 costume deposit for each class your child is taking. If they are taking 1 class your deposit would be $20, or two classes would be $40, and so on. Please note this deposit is optional and done as a convenience for you.
Your final costume payment will be due Dec. 5,2019. In order for you to receive a discount on your costume order, I must be able to pay the costume company in full by the end of December. Therefore, in order to give you, the parent, the least expensive costume rate, I require that costume payments be due by the 4th of December.
There will be a $10.60 late fee for late payments. I know that December is a hard month with many bills to pay. Therefore, in order to save you some trouble, I like to let you know about this payment before hand so you may start saving money aside. My hope is that with this information it will help you budget out your payment for the months to come. You will receive your final costume payment information within the first week of November.
I try my best to not only keep costumes affordable, but to also make sure they are age appropriate. Please note: I do take your child’s measurements but then I must fit them into sizes the company makes.
Costumes are not custom fit. Therefore, if your child has a long torso but a thin body, you may have to make adjustments in the waistline. In this case, I would buy the size that fit her torso and as a parent you would have to adjust the waistline.
When you receive your costume payment slip, please review the size and call me if you would like to discuss a size change. Once costumes are ordered, they cannot be returned or exchanged and refunds are not given.
Dance Shoes and Clothing
In an effort to try and save parents money on dance merchandise, I will be offering dancewear and shoes merchandise during our August sale. (Aug. 22nd from 4-7pm) If you are unable to make the date, I am available for shoe fittings by appointment on September 9th. Leotards and tights will be sold tlle first week of classes as well as payment week throughout the year.
Come to Class Prepared
Please make sure your child is dressed properly for class and has their hair tied back. Examples of proper clothing for each class are on the lobby bulletin board. Proper clothing is necessary so that I may make sure the child has correct alignment as well as helping to keep muscles warm to prevent injury.
Hair should be pulled up in a bun, ponytail, braid, etc. All loose hair must be tied back. If your child comes to class unprepared they will be asked to sit out and observe that day. Please help me to provide an injury free atmosphere for your child.
Makeup Classes due to School Cancellation
If your child’s class is cancelled due to a scheduled school cancellation day or snow day, your child may make up the class in a higher or lower level.
In this case, please ask me and I can let you know of the available day and time for makeup. Please note, not all classes have a higher or lower class that your child can enter to make up the class.
Ballet and Pointe-any color leotard and tights, leather or canvas ballet or pointe shoes (males please wear a white t-shirt, and solid color shorts or sweat pants) Parents please do not buy the ballet slippers in the children’s department at Wal-Mart. These are bedroom slippers and not adequate for dancing.
Please be aware that not all “Danskin” clothing is for dance class. This brand also makes regular clothing and thus won’t be appropriate for dancing. Wal-Mart places all Danskin clothing together and therefore it can be difficult for parents to know what clothing is made for dance and what kind is not Please ask me if you have any questions.
Modern, Jazz, Tap, Tumbling-leotard with jazz pants or dance shorts and appropriate shoes. Tan jazz shoes and black tap shoes, Modern – tan foot undeez, black tumbling shoes (Boys need black jazz shoes) (For safety reasons, no skirts for tumbling please. )
No tank tops, sweatshirts, t-shirts, shorts, leggings
Leotards must be worn in all classes.